Friday, September 4, 2009

Wheeeeee

Still I say, there's a way for us


I rode my bike to work today. It made me feel invincible. Darting between cars, passing other cyclists, avoiding train tracks - I am invincible. I can pedal faster than the other bike commuters, I can save gas and money and burn calories, I can survive the unpredictable traffic, day-dreaming pedestrians, and late summer heat...I can do anything! Until, of course, my tire does catch one of those pesky trolley tracks and I go down, hard, bruising my knee and my ego. When that happens, I hope to pick myself up, dust myself off, and plant myself firmly back on my extremely uncomfortable bicycle seat. Because it's fun.

Number twenty-five: Riding my bike. Because it makes me say, "wheeee" and feel like I'm twelve, but only the good parts of being twelve. Wheeee. Say it with me.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm so jealous! And inspired! I'm going to try riding my bike to work too. Wheeee!

Nicole said...

The question is, now that you have gone over those trolley tracks, are you still ready to dust yourself off and get back on? :)