Thursday, June 4, 2009

these stories don't mean anything when you've got no one to tell them to

The queen of hearts is always your best bet


I was out past my bedtime last night and have been paying for it today, but I do not regret it for a second. It was the first live show I've seen in more than three years, and while I would have considered that a crime in my past life, I haven't necessarily been thinking I was missing much. Until the guitar started strumming and Brandi Carlile hit her first note. And then I thought, wow, where have I been?

Number Twelve: LIVE MUSIC. Music that hits your core, and shakes it, and doesn't let go.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I know those lyrics. :) The same thing (sorta) happens to me - I don't go to any shows for a long time, and don't really miss them, but when I do go, I think, "Why haven't I been doing this more?"