Monday, May 11, 2009

it's a start

I am hesitant to say this, but I'd like to embark on a year-long photo journey, and I'd like to start now. Why hesitant? Many reasons, really, but chief among them is that my time is so full lately. Full to overflowing. So full, in fact, that I never quite know where to start or what to put first.

And, yet, at the same time, it's the fullness that excites me. The fullness that pushes me to do more, to want to be more. (It's also true that more means less somewhere else, but I feel like I have enough somewhere-elses that can handle less.)

I fear not following through. I fear this becomes another quick start, another abandoned project. But I also fear not jumping in, and not going for it. This. Now. So, I move forward.

A photo journey. A photo a day, perhaps a photo a week, to highlight the people I love. The people who make my heart sing, for whatever reason. Sometimes I'll write a few words to accompany the image, sometimes several paragraphs. I may even throw in a haiku or two.

Ready?

Disclaimer: the very nature of this blog is extremely, extremely cheesy. Do not read without crackers (or outloud in a cheesy voice).


My salvation lies in your love


I selected this photo because of the lightness. It's simple, cheery, and bright. Despite the undeniable existence of darkness in my life, I hope to always be those things more.

2 comments:

Meglet said...

I love the spirit of this blog! Including, of course the post that follows. I didn't know which one to comment on, but I can really relate to having a full life. It's been so great recently. I love almost everything I do so much and yet I want to add more! I feel as though I need more time to paint, to lesson plan, to explore nature, to spend time with family, but even if I could spend 24 hours a day at any one of those it wouldn't be enough. Time to be still, to live in the moment, to be grateful, and not to be so greedy and grabbing in all of my excitement. When God takes away guilt and fear, and when we can trust him with what we still don't have in our lives, all that's left is life and freedom to enjoy it!

...melissa... said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks, Meg! So happy to hear we're in similar places. :)